GWU Issues Management

A blog established for the George Washington University School of Political Management's Issues Management course.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

A middle aged white guy, who likes to think, talk and, too infrequently, write about politics, religion and gadgets.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Great Comments on Google

Thanks to all who posted comments last week. Very thoughtful and interesting. Most seemed to think that the tide of history is against the Chinese government and they won't be able to hold it back over the long run through censorship. Of course, it brings to mind the famous quote by John Maynard Keynes "In the long run, we'll all be dead."

Still, I think this issue is one that will persist for a while. As you know, I will be going to China the week of March 20 and I'm trying to get this topic on the agenda for our meeting. I met a Forbes reporter last night who has communicated with an activist in China, fighting the government on this issue, who thinks that Google is one of the "good guys" and should be encouraged.

I will give you a first person report when I return from Asia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home